– Company foundation in Oporto.
– Manufacture of the first portuguese electric cooker.
– Differentiation of the brand throughout technology, thanks to the thermic isolation of that time, the Meireles cookers used to consume less energy, factor that made the company reach the 2.000 customers and a network of retailers.
– Beginning of the manufacture of industrial products: industrial cookers and eletric heaters.
- Meireles starts to offer free of charge technical assistance to all its customers as a strategy of differentiation.
- Manufacture of the first gas cookers in Portugal.
- Expansion of the industrial range to gas, the company gathers the necessary skills to equip major kitchens, hospitals, schools, etc.
- Beginning of the manufacture of industrial cookers with large dimentions that conjugate modules of gas and electricity, and ovens of big dimentions, integrated in stainless steel tables complemented with sinks and mixers.
- The company gives the first steps in the mass production that increases its potential.
- Change the legal form for limited liability company.
- Increases significantly its turnover based on enhance production.
- Relocation of the facilities for an area of 14.000m², where it begins producing 300 cookers units per day.
- Internationalization began with the export of cookers to the North of Spain.
- Started the representation of built in appliances brand Nardi.
- Company reaches the 20.000 cookers per year.
- Company achieves an annual production of 65.000 cookers and a market share of 24% on the cookers market in Portugal.
1995 - Implementation of the Quality Policy in the company.
1996 - Company is constituted a Corporation and opens its capital to the exterior, counting with the participation of the Italian society - Nardi Elettrodomestici S.p.A.
- Starts to export to new markets, relevance to the Middle East.
– Conquest of an unquestionable leadership in the cookers market in Portugal. Company achieves the 80.000 cookers production per year.
– Started the production of built in appliances with gas and ceramic hobs.
2007 - Opening of a trading company in Angola
2008 - Foundation of a productive unit in Poland for manufacturing gas and ceramic hobs in partnership with Nardi Elettrodomestici S.p.A.
– Expansion of the Meireles range with washing machines and dishwashers.
- Achieves 36% of cookers market share in Portugal.
- Expansion of the Meireles range with refrigerators.
- Introduction of built in appliances with the brand Meireles in the Spanish market.
- Company achieves the leadership of the cookers market in Spain.
2011 - Commemoration of the 80th year of anniversary.
- Release in Portugal of a range of built in appliances branded Meireles.